These are revised guidelines from Church Board for in person activities as of November 19, 2020.
Swamp Mennonite Church
Guidelines During COVID-19 Pandemic
- We encourage our worship ministry to make in person worship as similar to at home worship as possible.
- We will not receive an offering, instead providing a receptacle in the rear of the worship space.
- To assist with social distancing, every other bench in the sanctuary will be unavailable. We will encourage family groups/extended family groups to sit together to ensure that we maximize capacity.
- We will offer a time of singing 10 minutes after our worship service for those who wish to stay. This time of singing will include up to 4 songs, lasting around 15 minutes.
REGARDING ALL IN PERSON ACTIVITIES
- Face coverings extending below the mouth and above the nose are required for indoor activities. We are wearing face coverings out of love and respect for our fellow congregants. When someone is presenting to a group from a distance of more than 20’ they may remove their face covering while they are speaking.
- Face coverings are recommended for outdoor activities.
- The names of everyone present will be recorded (including visitors names and contact info).
- Promote six feet of distance between anyone not of the same household.
- Indoor singing may take place in the sanctuary with proper social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is to be available for all activities and masks are to be available for indoor activities.
- Require people to stay home if they are sick.
- Require anyone who contracts COVID-19 who was at an in-person church activity to report it to Pastor Nathan immediately after diagnosis.
- No buffet style meals are permitted. Use of the kitchen is allowed.
- For indoor meals, individuals may remove their face coverings to eat at tables with up to 6 individuals not of the same family or 8 individuals of the same family. Those planning indoor meals are encouraged to consider how they will manage lines for food, perhaps dismissing tables one at a time.
- The nursery will be available for use and may be staffed at the discretion of Ministry Team.
- Interior entrance doors will be propped open (rest rooms/sanctuary/foyer).
- Private rentals are not required to follow these guidelines but the Board reserves the right to deny access to the building depending on the nature and purpose of a gathering.